11. Serve God and not money. What are you asking the Lord for? What are your needs? What responsibilities do you have to provide for yourself and others? Keep your life free from the love of money. Hebrews 13:5-6.
10. Trust and rest in the sovereign work of God.
9. “Forgive one another, as God in Christ has forgiven you.” Ephesians 4:32 By God’s grace, keep from being motivated by revenge or bitterness, and live at peace with everyone as far as it depends on you. “Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, ‘Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.'” Romans 12:9.
8. Get a plan that keeps your God focused goals in sight and diligently work the plan.
7. Pray without ceasing. See Luke 18:1-8.
6. Love. Love God. Love your children if applicable. Love your spouse. Love your enemies.
5. Honestly evaluate with the help of others all complaints and issues of the other party. “Come to terms quickly with your accuser while you are going with him to court, lest your accuser hand you over to the judge, and the judge to the guard, and you be put in prison. 26 Truly, I say to you, you will never get out until you have paid the last penny.” Matthew 5:25.
4. Get a biblical counselor to assist you with the underlying relationship problems or current problem of being in the situation.
3. Consult an attorney who fears the Lord, who has experience in your legal area, and is respected by others. If you can’t get all of these three in one, consult multiple attorneys or counselors. Hire the best one to represent you as you have the means to do so. In an abundance of counselors there is safety and victory. See Proverbs 11:14 and 24:6.
2. If you are not in a committed group of Christ followers who are there to help you through this, find them and have them be praying for you and have one or two of them working with you on your seeking God for wisdom, following his plans for you in this situation, etc.
1. Commit yourself to the Lord and to his Word as it applies to your situation.
Contact me for an in person or phone consultation.
PHONE AND TEXT: (832) 250-1248
ALTERNATE PHONE: (281) 760-3793
FAX: (281) 936-0296
If you leave me a voice mail and do not get a call back within 24 hours, please email me or text me.
(Note that emailing Roy Huddle does not create an attorney client relationship. A signed written contract and a deposit is required for Roy Huddle to begin representing you.)