I am a Christian family law attorney, mediator, and peacemaker. My goal is to glorify God while providing quality legal assistance to my clients. I provide the following services:
- Initial consultations. Consultations for legal services depend on the type of case, and is either an hourly fee or a flat fee. The fee is due before the consultation.
- Legal representation in Agreed to Working on Agreement cases. Provide legal representation from a Christian foundation in divorce, modification, child custody, and related matters for cases where the parties are agreed or working on an agreement. My current rates for full representation are $275 per hour for attorney work and $150 for paralegal work.
- “Limited scope representation.” Without becoming your attorney of record, I will provide document preparation, review legal paperwork and facilitate case coaching for family law matters and cases. This service is generally referred to as “limited scope representation.” Because a litigant who represents himself or herself is called a “pro se” party, I also call limited scope representation “pro se help.” These services can sometimes include limited scope representation in court. Please see the Pro Se Help page for more information on these services and the fees.
ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION – ADR
- Mediation. For family disputes and family law cases, mediation can be done without any case involved, before a case, at the beginning of a case, or during a case; such as a divorce of other family law related case. Mediation is generally $90 per hour, or $360 per side for a four-hour mediation at my office. Please see the Mediation page for more details.
- Collaborative law services. Collaborative law is team approach to settlement for the whole case, and generally involves a collaborative lawyer for each party joined by a neutral financial planner and a neutral mental health professional. The team helps you through a negotiated, voluntary settlement process using joint and individual meetings as necessary to accomplish resolution or settlement. Please see the Collaborative Family Law page for an explanation of the process.
- Christian Conflict Coaching and Conciliation. Christian Conflict Coaching and Conciliation calls participants in a dispute to use biblical principles and methods along with requests for Christ’s help to seek to bring relational reconciliation, peace and a substantive resolution to disputes. Christian Conflict Coaching can be done with a party regardless of the willingness of the other party to participate. Whereas Christian Conciliation requires the agreement of all parties involved to utilize Christian conciliation. Please see the Peacemaking page for more details.
Please review areas of interest on my website and contact me directly by phone at 832-250-1248 (call or text), or by email, to communicate about how I can work with you.
I hope to have the opportunity to serve you.